SAP BO/ BOBI/BOBJ
SAP BO ONLINE TRAINING
SAP BO ONLINE TRAINING IN INDIA, USA & UK
SAP BO ONLINE TRAINING IN CANADA
SAP BO ONLINE TRAINING IN AUSTRALIA
SAP BO ONLINE TRAINING
SAP BO COURSE CURRICULUM
- SAP Business Objects BI Client Tools
- Crystal Reports
- Web intelligence
- Webi-Rich Client
- Query as Web service
- Live Office
- Business View Manager
- Dashboard Builder
- CMC Other BI Client Tools
- Basics of SAPBO
- Understanding BO Stand alone & SAPBI BO Integrated architecture Understanding common terminology between SAPBI & BO BI Roadmap of SAPBO Integrated Products Understand the complete set of options now available to SAP customers
- Crystal Reports
- Supported & Unsupported SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Elements Creating Your First Crystal Report with SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Creating Your First Crystal Report with SAP ERP
SAP Business Objects Web intelligence and SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse
- Data Connectivity Overview Supported & Unsupported SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Elements Creating Your First SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence OLAP Universe Change Management
- Query as a Web Service
- Data Connectivity Overview Creating Your First Query as Web service
- SAP Business Objects Live Office
- Data Connectivity Overview
- SAP Business Objects Live Office Combined with Crystal Reports
- SAP Business Objects Live Office Combined with SAP
- Business Objects Web Intelligence and Universes
- Xcelsius 2008+
- Data Connectivity Overview Xcelsius Combined with SAP Business Objects Live Office Xcelsius Combined with Query as a Web service
- SAP Business Objects Widgets
- Using BI Widgets Explorer to view content Using BI Widgets with Xcelsius documents Selecting and Opening a Web Intelligence Report as Widget
- SAP Business Objects Dashboard builder
- Understanding Dashboard Manager Setting up Dashboard
- Manager Creating a Personal Dashboard & Corporate Dashboard
- Over View on what is SAP BI and major components of SAP BI
- How to create Objects like: Info objects, ODS, CUBES
- How to load data into Cubes and ODS
- How to create Queries using BEX Tool
SAP BOBI INTRODUCTION
SAP BusinessObjects BI (also known as BO or BOBJ) is a suite of front-end applications that allow business users to view, sort and analyze business intelligence data.
SAP BusinessObjects is an enterprise software company, specializing in business intelligence (BI). BusinessObjects was acquired in 2007 by German company SAP AG. The company claimed more than 46,000 customers worldwide in its final earnings release prior to being acquired by SAP. Its flagship product is BusinessObjects XI, with components that provide performance management, planning, reporting, query and analysis and enterprise information management.
Analytics solutions from SAP uniquely enable collective insight by delivering an enterprise business intelligence solution that gives you the power to engage with all your data on any device and across any platform. You can gain a real-time understanding of the business with agile visualizations that help you intuitively explore and present all types and sizes of data. Through advanced predictive analytics applied to more information and more processes across the enterprise, you can confidently anticipate what comes next and better guide a more profitable, forward-looking decision making. Imagine the possibilities: new customers, new disruptive business models, new innovation.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BOBI) suite consists of several components:
- I. Client Tools
- II. Server Tools
- In Client Tool Consists of several Tools are there. They are:
- 1. Web Intelligence ,Web Intelligence Rich Client ( BO 4.0 )
- 2. Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence ( BO 3.1 )
- 3. Crystal Reports
- a) CRE 2011
- b) crystal reports for enterprise
- 4. a) Analysis Edition for OLAP
- b ) Analysis edition for MS Office
- 5. Business Explorer
- 6. BI Launch Pad
- 7. QWASS (Query as a Web Service )
- 8. Translation Manager
- 9. IDT (Information Design Tool )
- 10. Designer
- 11. Upgrade Track
In Client Tool Consists of several Tools are there. They are:
- 1. CMC (Central Management Console )
- 2. CMS (Central Management Server )
- 3. CCM (Central Configuration Manager )
- 4. LCM ( LifeCycle Manager )
Web Intelligence — Provides a self-service environment for creating ad hoc queries and analysis of data both online and offline.
Crystal Reports — Enables users to design and generate reports
Crystal Reports is a popular Windows-based report writer (report generation program) that allows a programmer to create reports from a variety of data sources with a minimum of written code. Developed by Seagate Software, Crystal Reports can access data from most widely-used databases and can integrate data from multiple databases within one report using Open Database Connectivity ( ODBC ).
Crystal Reports uses an ActiveX control called Crystal Report to establish a connection with another program. A programmer can set properties of the Crystal Report control during design time or at run time.
The programmer can use automation tools called Experts to be guided through common tasks, such as linking and embedding reports. Crystal Reports treats all text, graphics, and database fields as object s that a programmer can place, arrange, and format on forms. The program also generates a record set object and code needed to perform programming tasks such as loop s or mathematical calculations.
Crystal Reports can create a report on the fly from user-defined variables and can convert it to HTML and publish it to the Web automatically.
Analysis Edition for OLAP — Perform analysis of multi-dimensional data through an intuitive Web interface that delivers a full range of analytical functions. Quickly answer sophisticated business questions and spread knowledge beyond the confines of a single department or group.
Multidimensional data analysis within a web-based environment
Analyze and interact with data through dedicated web client to uncover answers to business questions
Create workspaces for private usage or to share business insights across the enterprise
Run SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for OLAP with other business analytic solutions integrated on the same BI platform
Analysis Edition for MS Office — Office Analysis, A plugin for Microsoft Excel – allowing users to connect directly to the Business Warehouse (BW) from within Office creating a familiar environment and even allowing users the ability to save the report for later use in WEBI.
Explorer — Allows users to search through BI data sources using an iTunes-like interface. Users do not have to create queries to search the data and results are shown with a chart that indicates the best information match.
BI Launch Pad – Quickly and easily deploy high-performance analytics – bypassing system integration challenges – with the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform. Analyze massive volumes of data with superior performance and unprecedented scalability.
QWASS (Query as a Web Service) – Query as a Web Service provides new easy ways to analyze information through user-driven client solutions for businesses.
- Business Intelligence (BI) content is usually bound to a specific user interface of BI tools. Query as a Web Service changes this by allowing BI content to be delivered to any user interface that can process Web Services.
- Using Query as a Web Service, business users define their own query from a universe, and then easily and securely publish that query as a standalone web service.
- Query as a Web Service provides new client solutions for businesses. For example, it enables Crystal Xcelsius to aggregate multiple disparate data sources into a trusted BI view
Translation Manager – The Translation Manager (TM) is a tool used to translate documents (Web Intelligence reports and Universe) from one language to various other languages. The Translation Manager (TM) translates only Universes and Web Intelligence documents.
- The tool provides a simple graphical interface for easy and simple translations. It can collaborate with external translation tools by exporting and importing XLIFF (XML Localization Interchange File Format) files – the XML format for exchanging localization data.
- In general, we can create one document and translate it into multiple languages. The tool uses a common terminology called as locale.
IDT (Information Design Tool)
The SAP BusinessObjects BI platform makes it possible to define a semantic data layer for all front-end products. This new semantic layer can be developed and managed with the information design tool.
What are referred to as ‘universes’ are made available to different reporting disciplines, that is to say for dashboards, ad hoc reports, analyses, and formatted reports, as a foundation for a common semantic data basis.
Information design makes it possible to make available to different user groups SAP as well as non-SAP data sources, within the scope of a uniform reporting interface.
use an extensive repository function, developers and users can implement even complex requirements and thereby reduce developing times significantly.
Information designer is a new tool in BO 4.0 that features the creation of universes (.unv, .unx) with multiple data sources, which is not available in previous versions of Business Objects.
IDT follows layered approach. The layers are:
- Connection Layer.
- Data Foundation Layer
- Business Layer
In the connection layer to create the connection string (.cnx) to the data sources. Each data source will have one connection string.
In the Data foundation layer will create the data foundation file (.dfx) with one or multiple connections. This bring the tables from multiple data sources. This layer will contain the joins, contexts, derived tables, alias etc.
Eg: To access the tables from both SQL and Oracle in a single data foundation.
In the Business layer it create the file (.blx) and contain the user layer, including objects used to access the data. This will publish the business layer and use it as a Universe. So this will be able to create multiple universes on a single data foundation, to save lot of time.
Universe Designer — An administrator tool used to construct Universes or abstracted end-user views of the database; allows pre-defining table joins, object descriptions, and measure object behavior during aggregation. This tool is succeeded by “Information Design Tool” (IDT) in SAP BusinessObjects 4.0
Upgrade Track – This release removes the need to remap third-party users and groups (AD/LDAP) after migrating from a previous version of the deployment. All third-party users and groups are mapped properly at the end of the migration.
To upgrade the lower version to current version by using upgrade management tool.
Ex : BO 3.x to BO 4.0
- CMC (Central Management Console)
- CMS (Central Management Server) —
- CCM (Central Configuration Manager)
- LCM (Life Cycle Management) Tool
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards :
- SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio:
- SAP BusinessObjects Mobile:
The Central Management Console (CMC) is a web-based tool to perform regular administrative tasks, including user, content, and server management.
It also allows you to organize, and set security levels for all of your SAP BusinessObjects User Management System content. Because the CMC is a web-based application, you can perform all of these administrative tasks through a web browser on any machine that can connect to the server.
SAP BusinessObjects User Management System Architecture All users can log on to the CMC to change their user preference settings.
Only members of the Administrators group can change management settings, unless explicitly granted the rights to do so.
The management services manage the SAP BusinessObjects User Management System. These services maintain all security information, send requests to the appropriate services, manage auditing information, and maintain a record of each and every instance and its location.
The management services are provided by:
Central Management Service running on the Central Management Server (CMS)
The CMS is responsible for authenticating users and groups, and keeping track of the availability of the other SAP BusinessObjects User Management System services. It also maintains the system database, which includes information about users, groups, security levels, SAP BusinessObjects User Management System content, and services. The CMS also maintains a separate audit database of information about user actions and manages the BusinessObjects system database.
The CCM is a server troubleshooting and node configuration tool provided in two forms. In a Microsoft Windows environment, the CCM allows you to manage local and remote servers through its graphical user interface (GUI) or from a command line. Ina UNIX environment, the CCM shell script (ccm.sh) allows you to manage servers from the command-line.
The CCM allows you to create and configure Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) nodes and start or stop your web application server. On Windows, it also allows you to configure network parameters, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. These parameters apply to all servers within a node.
By using this tool to transport the objects from development to quality to production.
Development ——–> Quality ———-> Production
Some other tools in SAP BO are:
SAP Lumira :
SAP Lumira software is one of the fastest, most engaging ways to get answers from your data – big and small. By letting you pull data directly from enterprise and ad hoc sources and bringing them together in a repeatable way without having to ask for an IT organizations help, SAP Lumira redefines the notion of self-service information. Point and click data manipulation lets you organize and consolidate data the way you want to: quickly and without a single line of code or an additional modeling layer. The software’s engaging interface and beautiful visualizations allow you to analyze data quickly to discover unique insights that can help your organization see and respond to changing business conditions. And, with the software’s ability to connect to the SAP HANA platform, businesses get access to real-time answers buried in massive amounts of data.
Xcelsius/Dashboards — Allows users to create interactive dashboards that contain charts and graphs for visualizing data.
Create multi-dimensional dashboards and data visualizations for BI apps on top of SAP NetWeaver BW or SAP HANA data – to put timely, actionable information at your decision makers fingertips.
With the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app, you can make informed decisions based on targeted, personalized information anywhere and anytime. The app connects to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform and allows your mobile workforce to stay up-to-date with insights into the right customer, product, and work order information.
For updated Schedules please contact
SAP BO INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- What are Rapid Marts?
- SAP BusinessObjects Edge Rapid Marts are packaged data mart solutions for SAP. These solutions combine domain knowledge (General Ledger, Operations, Manufacturing, Human Resources) with data integration best practices to provide prebuilt data models, semantic layers, reports and analytics that reduce the cost and complexity associated with data marts.
- What areas do SAP Edge Series Rapid Marts cover?
- You can combine multiple Rapid Marts into a single environment to build the foundation for your data warehouse or use them as data source for business intelligence (BI) applications.
- What are the Rapid Marts are available for SAP Solutions
- General Ledger Rapid Mart
- Accounts Payable Rapid Mart
- Accounts Receivable Rapid Mart
- Cost Center Rapid Mart
- Fixed Asset Rapid Mart
- Inventory Rapid Mart
- Purchasing Rapid Mart
- Sales Rapid Mart
- Plant Maintenance Rapid Mart
- Production Planning Rapid Mart
- Project Systems Rapid Mart
- Human Resources Rapid Mart
- What happened to the SAP Rapid Marts on non-SAP applications?
- Rapid Marts packages for non-SAP applications are provided by Rapid Decisions.
- How is the offering different from Business Intelligence in SAP Business All-in-One?
- Business intelligence (BI) in SAP Business All-in-One enables reporting and dashboard functionality by directly accessing data in the ERP application. In contrast SAP BusinessObjects Edge Rapid Marts packages extract data from the ERP application and loads it into a data mart (relational database) to enable ad-hoc query and data exploration functionality.
- Rapid Marts should be positioned as a complementary solution that expands the BI functionality available for SAP Business All-in-One customers.
- Do Rapid Marts require any customization?
- Yes. Each customer situation is different and has unique optimization and performance requirements. There may be customizations to the source application the Rapid Mart does not cover, or there may be reporting requirements not provided within the template reports. Rapid Marts are flexible blueprints that customers can adjust to account for these unique situations. It is expected that at least some level of customization and optimization will be needed to suit a company�s individual environment.
- What skill sets are needed to implement Rapid Marts?
- Expertise in Development and QA processes
- Familiarity with software product life cycle
- Ability to deliver development milestones on time
- Understand fundamentals of QA
- Source Application Expertise
- Familiarity with the application data model
- Application administration basics
- Application business processes understanding
- Application user experience
- Ability to map front end application fields to its underlying database columns
- Ability to identify calculation rules for the application runtime displayed fields
- Data Warehouse Expertise
- Gathering and analyzing reporting requirements
- Oracle/SQL Server/DB2 database expert
- Advanced data modeling skills
- Deep knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience in building data warehouses
- Advanced Data Services
- Report Writing Expertise
- Ability to create appealing visuals
- Translating reporting requirements into report specifications
- SAP BusinessObjects BI platform administration skills
- Advanced Universe development skills
- What are the pre-requisites for Rapid Marts?
- Customers must have a license for SAP BusinessObjects Edge BI version with data integration or data management.
- How is the offering priced/packaged?
- There is one material code for SAP Edge Rapid Marts with a flat fee of �25k per Rapid Mart. The material code includes a paper license to expand Data Integrator to the configuration required to run Rapid Marts, the Application Interface license and one Rapid Mart of the customer�s choice.
- Are there license restrictions?
- Yes. Each Edge Rapid Mart must be deployed on the same server as the data integrator software. Edge Rapid Marts can only be used in conjunction with Edge and not other ETL jobs outside the Edge BI deployment.
- Do the SAP PartnerEdge discounts for resellers also apply to this offering?
- Yes standard discounts, MDF and value point accruals apply to this solution.
- What are the maintenance fees for the offering?
- SAP standard maintenance fees apply for this offering.
- Is there an upgrade path from Edge Rapid Marts to SAP Rapid Marts?
- No. Customers wishing to upgrade from Edge may convert their existing licenses through the conversion desk.
- What target databases are supported for Edge Rapid Marts?
- Oracle, MS SQL, SAP HANA.